Laura Coleman / Location: Ballroom A & B
This session will focus on understanding domestic child sex trafficking and the scope of the problem in our communities and throughout our state. Learn what increases the risk of trafficking of our youth and be equipped to identify the heightened risk factors. Participants will leave with an overview on how to respond to concerns and where to get more information and support for suspected and high-risk cases of child sex trafficking.
- Look at an overview of domestic child sex trafficking and scope of problem
- Identify heightened risk factors and adolescent vulnerabilities
- Introduction to the psychological impact of this trauma on our youth
- Learn relevant state and federal laws regarding child sex trafficking
- Understand how to respond to concerns and support professionals in reporting procedures